I say this knowing that Hayley & Julie have gotten all domesticated and might make peanut brittle someday soon. If you happen to make the big mistake of accidentally doubling the amount of corn syrup, don't try to double the recipe halfway through the cooking process. It doesn't work. You WILL have to throw out the whole batch and start over.
*sigh* Lots of time and ingredients wasted last night. :(
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sad day! Shannon made some last night that floats my boat. One of these days I'm going to start making truffles, fudge, and some other goodies; none of which I need.
i'm not sure i've ever even HAD peanut brittle... i'll have to get on that. hayley, i made the most wonderful truffles, fudge-esque brownies, cream puffs with chocolate whipped cream, and molten chocolate cake over the summer, but the cookbook i was using is no longer in print (i checked it out at the public library where my nannying girlies live). this summer i'm going to start compiling all my favorite recipes (both borrowed and created) and i'll send them out to all who are interested. =)
That would be fantastic Julie! The recipes I'm using during the holidays have came from all over. A cookbook, magazines, and the food network website. I'd love to share some recipes!
Post a Comment