Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I listen to my Mannheim Steamroller CDs, burn my peppermint candle, light up my Christmas tree, and watch my favorite Christmas movies. However, as I have gotten older I've realized that Christmas has a lot of romantic possiblities. Obviously Andy was aware of this, since it was during this blessed time of year that he proposed to our little Ashley.
My problem with this romance is that I have none. I have been visiting a lot of friends that I haven't seen in a while that lived in the same dorm as me last year. Most of them are a year younger than me. All the guys had those little boy crushes on me last year. I just found out that every single one of them has a steady girlfriend. This didn't bother me at first since I'm not crushing on any of them, but by the time I had listened to the "we're starting to get more serious" speeches, I realized I was the only one that didn't have a story to share. Even worse, was the looks on their faces when I said I haven't been dating anyone. Hello, as if I don't feel bad enough about myself, they had to send me the pity glance.
I haven't forgotten the reason for the season, but part of the holiday is about spending it with loved ones. Even though I have an amazing family, there's nothing like love from the opposite sex. I'd love to snuggle by the fire and bring a guy home to the parents. I know you'll all reply with the "give it time, you'll find him" speech, but do save your breath. I'll take your words for what they are worth, but my happiness in the meantime will waver. For now I'll settle by watching the love scenes in Christmas specials.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'll snuggle with you!
You are so sweet dear!
you know it's way better being single than with lots of guys anyway. just picture bringing home a different guy each holiday, not knowing your relatives are betting on how long this one's going to be around. you reserve for quality, and quality you WILL get. and then you'll have the 'party of the year' wedding reception. with me there. snuggling with you, paul, and your new man. ;) i know, that's hot.
You are so right! Good thing you know what's going on Julie!
julie & paul, you crack me up.
Post a Comment