Here's how it went. It was really rainy here at the beginning of the summer, so I spent an afternoon designing the quilt, which I intended to do for Mary's graduation anyway. Then I went shopping and spent 100 hours over the past couple months sewing it... mucho applique involved. Shortly after it was finished, I squished it into a box and sent it off to Denver. Then my body crashed from the sleep deprivation and nonstop sewing over the previous couple weeks.
But I'm so proud of it. There was a moment when i considered keeping it. =) I'm not sure how well you remember the union terrace in Madison, but the circle design is based off the sun beam chair backs.
5 comments:
That is beautiful! Did you make it all by yourself Julie? I'm so impressed :)
magnifico, and now it's sitting on my shelf in my living room!
Wow! That's really impressive! How did you learn to do that?
Here's how it went. It was really rainy here at the beginning of the summer, so I spent an afternoon designing the quilt, which I intended to do for Mary's graduation anyway. Then I went shopping and spent 100 hours over the past couple months sewing it... mucho applique involved. Shortly after it was finished, I squished it into a box and sent it off to Denver. Then my body crashed from the sleep deprivation and nonstop sewing over the previous couple weeks.
But I'm so proud of it. There was a moment when i considered keeping it. =) I'm not sure how well you remember the union terrace in Madison, but the circle design is based off the sun beam chair backs.
That is fabulous, Julie! And I love that it was inspired by a campus landmark that means something to both of you.
Mucho, mucho impressivo!
Post a Comment