While I'm excited that clinical 4 of 6 is finished super soon, I'm not thrilled with the packing that comes along with it. I started tonight. Tomorrow will probably be folding clothes for a couple hours. Wednesday night may be stressful, with a lot of car loading, followed by an even more stressful Thursday morning... finishing it all up before work so I can leave the moment I return at noon.
If I were smart, I'd just stay put at home over break and relish in not having to pack from my pile of packed items. But no. A couple days in Clinton with the family. Then 10 days in Denver with Mary. See, that's the problem. I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE MY MARY!! So I can't stay on my cutie petutie all break... however lovely it sounds. At least I have more than a weekend between moving adventures. Because it's not even like I move home for the weekend, and then bring that same exact stuff to the next location. My needs are always different because of weather and available household items. Now, granted I tend to "need" more than the average person. My sewing machine and half my kitchen likes to travel with me. (Which reminds me... I still have to take a pic and post the super cute top I made a couple weeks ago.)
In conclusion, I'm ready to be done with this year and living permanently in Denver. In fact, I won't even sort out unnecessary stuff until I get there. All my stuff boxed and bagged from last year's aparment will stay as such. I'll go through one at a time, keep what I need/want, and donate/toss the rest. More importantly, when I pack it'll be for a little vacation, not a 2 month hostage in the north woods.
And I'm excited about only 3 more nights sleeping on an air mattress. My back SO needs proper support again.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your reference to being hostage in the north woods. hee hee hee. It is negative 17 in Denver right now, a record. Sucky.
It's official that Denver will be your permanent home next year? Looks like Andy & I need to keep scheduling some westward travels!
Enjoy your break, Jules.
Post a Comment