Friday, March 27, 2009

Quilt

Andy, I'm not close to starting your quilt (too many trips to Denver and no sewing machine where I am now), but I have visions.

Do you have any design guidelines?

--> size
--> style
--> color schemes
--> quilt lines/pattern (the sewing that connects the front and back)
--> other thematic elements

If you give me full design rights (I only glanced at the shirts when I was home briefly a few weeks ago), I would go full-size quilt, improvisational/modern style, lots of red and incorporated with a few small patterned areas, subtle "N"s and music elements quilted in. Oh, and it'll be manly.

Give it a think. As I said, it won't be until June or so that I officially take out the cutting mat. But once I get started, it'll be full-swing excitement until it's done... and more fun if I'm not checking in all the time for preferences later on.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I've thought about this a little bit. Really, we'll let you do what you'd like to do.

Take it light on the musical notes and such, and if you are going to use any N's or whatnot, here are the two styles (I'm a bit picky on logos since I'm a logo cop at work)

The N on the helmet here http://www.huskerpedia.com/mall/helmet/nebraska-copy.jpg

AND

The university's athletic N:
http://huskersgameday.com/wp-content/uploads/TheBigN.png

Otherwise, do what you like. Feature the backs of most of the shirts, and any of the "sax line" stuff from front pockets with the approperiate back when possible.

Black, red and off white (official color is cream) and you are set.

Thanks Jules!