Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Baby Washburn is ...


A BOY! A BOY! A BOY!

This is my favorite ultrasound picture because it was the last one the tech took, and it looks like he's saying "Geez people, enough already! You have 15 pictures of me already!"

Seeing him was incredible. As soon as the picture flashed on the screen, I felt like a mom instead of just an incubator (heh). The look on Andy's face was priceless ... pure joy, happiness, and wonder.

He looks perfectly healthy and we're still on track for a Turkey Day arrival (give or take a day or two). The ultrasound tech said he's the most active fetus she's seen in awhile. Despite many attempts, she couldn't get a completely accurate head measurement because the little guy wouldn't stop wiggling. If that's an omen, we're in trouble!

Most of you know that I was hesitant to find out the sex ahead of time. Andy, on the other hand, was dying to know. Eventually, I came around, and I'm so glad I did. Being able to say, "We have a son!" is more exciting than I ever imagined.

This is an awfully gushy post for me. It's hard to articulate exactly how I'm feeling, other than to say I'm overflowing with love and gratitude. I've spent many hours fretting about my mothering abilities, but for now, I'm going to kick back with Andy and enjoy getting to know this new family member (who is fluttering and somersaulting as I type).

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, Ashley and Andy, That's so exciting!!! And I personally think a wiggly child is a good sign - ready to have fun and enjoy life.

Thanks for the update. It totally made my morning.

Mary said...

Hey, congratulations! And the Washburn name lives on...