I don't think I need to explain the rare wonderfulness of a snow day at the university. Thanks to the interstate shutting down and the kiddies not being able to drive back to Lincoln from their spring break destinations, we got another one today!
This is how yesterday went:
Read, nap, play with cat, eat a handful of Starburst jellybeans, read, talk on phone with Lindsey, read, eat jellybeans, watch Cheerleader Nation on Lifetime and eat pretzels, play with cat, eat gross leftovers, read BH&G, cat, jellybeans, shower. I hadn't felt that relaxed (and lazy!) in years, probably.
This is how today has went:
Breakfast, check work e-mail and realize my boss dropped the ball on an important project (and she's out of town for two weeks), get angry, send e-mails to mend feelings and rectify the situation, calm down, eat jellybeans, read, eat pizza, check e-mail again and realize my boss forgot several other important details before she left, send more apologetic e-mails, realize that I've become my boss's bitch (i.e., the one who does 85% of the work), watch cat cough up sock fuzz and dried funeral flowers. Don't ask. Damn cat.
I'm signing out now; it's time for more jellybeans and Cheerleader Nation.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love weird coincidences. I just bought a bag of Starburst jellybeans on Saturday, and man, those things are addicting! I'm so happy I didn't settle for the mixed bag of JellyBellies.
True that, Mary. Definitely spring for the Starburst jellybeans. They've added new flavors this season!
Post a Comment