Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's hard for me to adapt to this blustery, snowy weather when I was just at the beach a mere 4 days ago. This past week I went to Texas with Cassondra, my roommate, and her cousins. It was a wonderful time of relaxation, attempts at tanning, and eating too much good food.

The area that we stayed in for the greater part of the week was near Orange, TX, which is about 12 miles west of the Texas/Lousiana border. The weather ranged from 75 to 87 degrees. Each night we'd sit outside on the back porch and it felt just like summer. Texas also had a lot of nightlife options. Every club down there is 19 and over so Cassondra and I could go have fun with her 24/25 year old cousins. Overall it was a great time and I'd love to show pictures to anyone who would like to see them!

Lastly, I have to thank my lucky stars though because a lot of the area we stayed at was still cleaning up from Hurricane Rita. Many people still don't have roofs (just bright blue tarps), many trees are still down, and people are still working on getting their lives together. It was just cool to see this all up front instead of just on CNN. But no matter how devistated their property is, everyone still has a great attitude and just deals with what they have.

So that's the overview of my Spring Break 2006! A lot of fun, food, and relaxation was just what I needed!

1 comment:

Andy said...

YOu definately seemed recharged and peppier than I've seen you in a long time last evening. Of course, it may have just been the Crystal Light.