Monday, April 24, 2006
I just would like to inform everyone, I had an AWESOME senior prom! The night was filled with plenty of picture taking, grooving, sweating, and parched throats. The theme was "A Night In Paris," so the juniors had an eiffel (is that how you spell it?) tower in the middle of the floor. At first I thought having it in the middle of the dance floor was a dumb idea, but it just made everyone dance in a smaller area, so it was great. There were icicle lights coming from the top of the eiffel tower and Christmas lights underneath covered by quilt batting. The rest of the decorations sucked, though, but at least they had one nice detail. Me and Chip decided to dance under the tower for the last song. We were the only ones who did all night. While we were dancing, the principal came walking over. We both thought, "Crap. We're in trouble," but he just comes over there trying to be all funny and says, "Whatever happens under the tower, stays underneath the tower." What a dork. Anyway, the whole time we were dancing we could feel the Christmas lights crunching underneath our feet. We just laughed, but I bet the people who owned the lights weren't laughing when they found them. Hee hee! After prom was a lot of fun too, and Worlds of Fun was awesome. I love roller coasters! The whole weekend went by way too fast, though. It kind of made me sad. I mean, I can't wait to get out of that prison, but that's the last time I'll have a dance like that with all my friends, so it made me kind of sad. I'm not going to dwell on those thoughts, though. I had a fantastic time while it lasted and that's all that matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Pookey that sounds super awesome! Oh and way to stick it to Mr. Ruhl and his fun-haterness. (Neat made up word huh!) Even though it's over at least you have GREAT prom memories. That's the best part.
There is something bittersweet about the last H.S. dance. I mostly regarded high school as annoyance to endure so I could go to college, but I still got nostalgic at our last dance. (which was after the Athletic Banquet) For two hours, my classmates were nice to everyone and all of us seniors had a good time together. It was the end of an era.
Linzo, I'm glad you had an excellent prom. Sounds like you'll have some happy memories of the whole weekend. Did you find someone to do the bungee with you at Worlds of Fun? I would be ALL OVER THAT. I think we should plan a sibling outing to Worlds of Fun this summer. Cousins would be invited too, of course. ;)
I'd be all over a KC overnight. If you can get Cole, Chip or another boy or two to go.
Post a Comment