- Well, the fall semester of classes came out and it looks like none of my remaining classes conflict with each other, so I'll get to graduate again. So I got that going. One step closer to being ordained!
- My favorite work event of the whole year is Friday. I was in school with a male baton twirler that was the best in the world. Yes, he was the marching band feature twirler, but he was a manly man, so don't rip that.... Anyway, super active on campus, probably woudl have been homecoming king at NU, and in all the top honoraries. Anyway, he also did motivational speaking, and was killed by a fatigued driver on teh way to a speech on graduation day his senior year. Anyway, I'm on a small group that came up with the idea to build a memorial fountain on campus in his memory and it will be right outside the alumni center. Anyway, a big fundraising dinner for that on Friday that will put us over the top and we will break ground! Anyway, not the biggest impact I've had at work, but the first thing that was kindof my idea that will be built in granite on campus and be there a while. It's a very cool feeling. It will be even cooler when its done next fall.
- I wish NU had a basketball team. Looks liek Wisconsin is doing OK.
- So how easy is it to get wisconsin football tickets? I hang with 8 guys that do a college football tour each year where we invade a city and just hang out on campus for 3 days -- well this year, the group picked the Iowa-Wisconsin game. How hard is it to get tickets without paying way too much?
- So I've been sick and I lost a little bit of weight, but I'm bummed. I basically lost a month of strength I had built up working out htis winter. Sad.
- Crazy week in the markets. I don't even know what to say. I;ve been warning about the asian markets for a long time, and they finally crashed yesterday, takign the world economy down with it.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Wednesday Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute, while you're losing weight and sad, I have to Spring Break in a bikini in a little over a week and am feeling very squishy. But not the neat kind like on Finding Nemo.
Congrats with the statue! Sad story though.
You're so lucky you're almost graduated. But, I found out yesterday that I've been accepted to another nursing school. I have options! UNMC, I finally dominated you :)
I don't know how much Iowa-Wisconsin tickets usually run, but I wouldn't rule out our turf. Being in such a large program in school, if somebody needs extra tickets for friends, there's usually a load of people willing to sell there's at little cost above what they payed. Otherwise ticket exchange websites generally aren't too bad... the game is in Wisconsin right? because I could always buy a couple sets of tickets come spring so we have trading power come fall.
Post a Comment