Not that you have much free time, but if you're ever feeling bored and want to reminisce about childhood, check out http://claudiasroom.blogspot.com/
IT'S A BLOG ABOUT THE BABYSITTERS CLUB! Basically, a 20-something has re-read all the BSC books and writes hilarious snarky commentary about the characters and storylines. It's amazing to look at the zany BSC from an adult perspective. I remember thinking those girls were so cool, so sophisticated, so lucky ... only now do I realize how weird they were (in an awesome way, of course).
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ashley, I just have to announce that you are awesome for locating this BSC blog. I remember saving up $4 every month just so I could buy the newest Babysitter's Club book that had come out. I also once had one of those black tie bracelets with silver square beads with the letters "b," "s," and "c" on them because it came with one of the super specials or something. I think in fourth grade we wanted to start our own babysitter's club at school. Don't even get me started on Sweet Valley High, Trixie Belden, or that one series where they were all gymnasts of which I can't remember the name.
Come to think of it, I probably had a matching "BSC" choker, too.
How did I not know about the BSC bracelet/choker combo? I feel so cheated!
Awhile back, when I was moving out of my parents' house for good, I donated most of my BSC books to the Beaver library. I really regret that. Kids these days don't give a rat's tail about the BSC, but we do!
oh, sweet valley high...i was at chip's house the other day, and there was a sweet valley high board game laying on the table. i'm guessing wendy had been playing it with the babysitting kids, but maybe chip has a secret i don't know about! lol. ashley, i now regret getting rid of many of my old books too. i just don't know what i was thinking!
Post a Comment