Sunday, June 24, 2007

when you visit...

I have a little favor to ask. Give my swimming "skills" confidence? Lately I've been wishing I had learned to become a better swimmer when I was young, because running can be a bit abusive on my knees. Since starting college I've had a couple friends teach me the basics, but I'm not comfortable enough to be able to go to the gym and do laps for a workout. And the flip turn propels water up my nose... I'd rather avoid that. The gym that's a 10 minute walk from the apartment has a pool that's open for a couple blocks of time every day - SO if there would be time, I would pay for the guest pass to get you in (it's cheap anyway) and then I would end up with a lower-impact workout.

And you're entirely allowed to tell me my idea sounds silly and I won't get discouraged.

p.s. We're going to have such a GREAT TIME when you come!! I absolutely love Madison in the summer. And there are concerts on the union terrace by the lake Thursday through Sunday... we'll definitely have to take one in. And just to be able to catch up on life and stories will be wonderful. I openly admit - I'm religiously counting down the days!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

If lap swimming isn't your thing, what about water aerobics? With a good instructor, you can get a kick-ass workout. It's my go-to exercise during the winter months.

But yes, we'll give you some pointers. :)

Julie said...

ooo. great idea. there are lots of those classes available. I should definitely check them out!

Hayley said...

Oooh this is exciting. And, you just so happen to be talking to the a professional swimming lessons instructor as well as a seasoned water aerobics teacher! (And by seasoned I mean that I've had about 5 classes prior and taught a class for two weeks now!) (Insert giggle here.)