Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Words I never thought I'd hear

Cole was shopping for furniture at Slumberland last night. Mom apparently wasn't answering her phone, so he called me to get a second opinion.

"Ashley, what do you think of a tobacco-colored couch? It has kind of a tumbled leather look."

Tobacco-colored? Tumbled leather? If he'd described it as a brown leather couch, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But Farmer Cole, talking like an HGTV host? That was unexpected. ;)

Thirty minutes later, he called again.
"What do you know about vacuum cleaners?"
"Get one that sucks!" Andy said, helpfully.
"I like Bissells and Hoovers," I said.
"Do you think I need a HEPA filter?"

What the deuce happened to my little brother?

3 comments:

Andy said...

He grew up, got a job and has cash.

Hayley said...

I think its super cute myself. I'm so proud that my Big Boy doesn't have a trashy bachelor pad. I told him that this would be a big hit with the ladies :)

Mary said...

Evidently we girls have been a good influence on our brothers. (and they semi listen to us).