Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mad-town, here I come......

Ok medical type ladies and Paul.....

I'm hitting town late Thursday night and am going to be with 7 other guys. We have 2 tickets in hand and are still looking for 6 more, but I think most of the guys are going to take their chances scalping now that Iowa lost.

Anyway, most of these guys are pretty rowdy so I'm not sure what I'll have for free time (I'm going to babysitting a bit) but any recommendations for a bunch of hungry guys that want to experience "college culture." But....we are not dancers and we don't want to stick out too much. We're 27-31 in age. We are not looking to pick up ladies, we are looking to experience Madison, and sit around over a couple rounds of drinks and just hang out.

Thoughts?

9 comments:

Julie said...

off the top of my head, the terrace at the union is a great place to hang out. if going to bars, stick to the capital loop area. i could give you specific places if you want. and if you go out friday, give me a call. essentially all restaurants on state street are awesome (goes from the union to the capital).

one more thing - you have to wear red. unofficial new rule or something like that.

i may have more ideas to come. like i think the other union hosts a "tailgating party" before each game and has a bunch of good grilled food.

is this the type of stuff you want? i could always ask a couple friends for ideas too.

Julie said...

i've got it. "the" thing to do on thursday night is get half priced boots of beer at the essen haus. it's on the far side of the capital and classically has large groups of guys, including your age group. while there is polka dancing in one corner, you're not obligated to participate... unless a drunken state inspires any of you.

Julie said...

i forgot to mention - beer is served at the union terrace. pitchers too. in fact, they're second in the u.s. only to miller park in the amount of miller lite sold. even in the rathskeller inside, there's plenty of space for a big group to hang out.

Julie said...

the great dane restaurant is a popular microbrewery on the capital square. also, for some unique pizza combos try ian's pizza... there's two locations near campus.

Paul Anderson said...

I suggest a few rousing games of Poker while you guys down your beer. Might want to bring a frisbee/football to toss around if the weather is nice.

Andy said...

Sweet. I'll print this off. So, my cell is 402-304-3965 if you want to give me a jingle.

Ashley said...

Man, I wish I were going to Madison! Boots? Polka? Food? Tailgates? I love all those things. I still want to experience a football weekend in Madtown before you lovely folks leave there.

Julie said...

i'm not graduation until may 09. you have plenty of time! let's just hope i get to stay in madison area next year, then maybe we could both go to our first madison football game. =)

Paul Anderson said...

windsurfing was awesome. it took less than 10 minutes to get out of the mooring field.