Hello family! I am finding that being in a specialized school really brings a new meaning to "being busy." I just completed my first round of tests only to get a lecture from my professor saying, "You guys won't be as smart here. You'll just learn to accept the fact that you will get worse grades." Thank you? Oh well, I can't let the haters get me down. I just need to learn better study methods.
Finally three months into school I went out on the town. It was quite an experience. The guys out here are on a whole other level. So here's the scenerio. Three classmates and I went to a bar called Gilli's last Thursday. The crowd was split between guys my age and guys my dads age. The minute I sat down to order a drink the waitress told me that the guy behind it bought it for me. While I'm not one to turn down a free drink, I had a wave of uncertainty wash over me. I could only imagine the guy who bought it. Not to my surprise, the "gentleman" was wearing a camoflage jacket and had a wad of chew in his lip. Then then attempted to smile at me without losing his chew. The ending result: a smirk that was all too ironic.
Next, the old men behind us suggested we get them a song on the jukebox because apparently these people don't appreciate some Christina, Britney, Nelly Furtado, and Justin Timberlake. I don't understand. So we picked their song which was (again not surprising) Hank Someone and Johnny Carson. Yikes! It only got better. After playing their favorite song they motioned me over. I figured my dad's friends are harmless so how bad could these guys be? Well, they asked where I was from. This is a question I have learned to loathe over the years for obvious reasons. I replied, "Beaver Crossing (in a rush), but its close to Lincoln." This second part is added because most people have no idea where Beaver is; imagine that. The dirty old man across from me then said, "I'm from Penisville, Pennsylvania." !!!!!!!!!! WTF? That is disgusting.
After that conversation I ran back to my table and told my classmates that if they knew what was good for them, they would refuse to talk to them. I then hear a whistle from somewhere behind me. This was followed by a, "Hey you!" I turned around because I was curious who was being hollared at. Big surprise, that person was me. I call whistled at TWICE like a dog. I said, "What do you want?"
Nasty Boy: "I want to talk to you."
Me: "Okay, come over here."
NB: "NO, I'm shy."
Me: "Um, yeah, I don't think so. You just whistled at me like I was a dog, so if you are going to be a whoose about it, then don't talk to me."
NB: (taken aback by my forward letdown) "Oh, okay, yeah, hold on." (turns around to consult equally ignorant buddies, gets the nod to go get that, and walks over.)
I shouldn't say this for fear of making it come true, but I doubt my husband will be met here. I'm not generalizing, these guys just really suck or have children already. Moral of the story: Mom and dad, don't worry about me being distracted by boys out here.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh my goodness. i know all about old guys at bars, but they're generally wearing three piece suits near the capital, not camo. i'm even one of the stubborn ones who won't accept a free drink.
and i HEAR YOU about specialized school and their suckyness when it comes to exams. i just had two exams last week that tested me on things i wasn't taught (and these classes aren't curved). needless to say, i gave work my quit notice yesterday so i can try (yet again) to be a better student.
so yeah. i best be going to get homework done this morning. and maybe do dishes.
keep being a rockstar, hayley!
I know -- I always get hit on by skeevy dudes. Actually not, unless you count that one time in Vegas when Ashley was in that giant make-up store that is Hayley's mecca, and he was a very nice young Korean boy.
Anyway, I'm struggling to be a better student myself. I have Senior-itis really bad in my last semester. But I'm not a senior. Grad-student-itis? I dodn't know. Anyway, peace out. I feel yoru pain.
By the way Madison branch....do you have high speed internet in your apartment(s)? If so, perhaps a christmas present of a cheap webcam, and I can walk you all through setting up web cam chats between all the cousing pretty easy. Ash and Hayley are already doing it.
I want to punch the dude who made the Penisville comment. Idiot.
i SO have high speed
Post a Comment