Monday, February 18, 2008

As if you needed proof that I'm an Anderson ...

I'm having a klutzy day.

This morning, I spilled a bottle of water. It ran behind the desk and formed a puddle just three inches from the power strip. Yikes!

Then, when I took my Lean Cuisine panini out of the microwave, it slipped off its special high-tech grilling platform and landed face-down on the floor. Cleaning melted cheese off a carpeted floor is a bitch, my friends.

I wonder what kind of trouble I'll get into tonight when I'm painting the cupboards in Andy's bathroom?

I realize this isn't groundbreaking blog material, but I figured that you guys would sympathize with my plight, hee hee.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ashley, oh my god we are related.

Julie and I were making stir-fry the other night. She gives me the simple task of preparing the instant rice. I accidently put in 2 cups of water instead of 1 3/4 to make 4 servings. Then I only put in one cup of rice instead of two, producing a soggy mess at the end of ten minutes, right about the time our vegetables finished being sauteed to perfection a la Julie. In my defense, I was distracted. Not in my defense, I promise to be more careful with patients' medications.

Also, the other day I was proud because I wore my snowboots to the hospital to avoid getting my dress shoes all slushy. Once inside the VA, I put them in a plastic grocery sack. Unfortunately, it leaked brown water all over my dress pants, precipitating a dash to the locker rooms to change into scrubs. Alas, my scrub quota had been exceeded. So, off to the bathroom to wipe my pants and dry them under the hand dryer.

I could go on, but I will stop there.

Ashley said...

Your plastic grocery sack problem sounds exactly like something I'd do. We are TALENTED folks. ;)