Sunday, March 23, 2008
Weekend Update
Today Madison reached the 100 inches mark for snowfall this year, the most ever recorded. Yay for us. Friday we got 7.7 inches, then a blizzard at the end of my and Julie's 6 mile run this afternoon tipped us over the edge. In other news, half-marathon-training season is upon us. I have never run 6 miles before in one setting, so I am quite pleased with myself. The big day is May 25.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
correction: half-marathon training
Very impressive! I'm still hoping to run a 5k this season. Thanks to the whole mono thing, I haven't started training, for fear I'll make myself more tired than I am already.
You and Andy should run a 5k together. Wear matching shirts. Hold hands while you cross the finish line. How cute would that be? =)
LOL. We'll think about that. ;)
Correction noted.
When Andy runs (yes, I just referred to myself in the third person), you don't want to be anywhere near me. Sweaty, flailing limbs and the fact that Ash would have to wait for me at the finish line to cross together. I haven;t run 5 miles cumulatively in the last decade. Need to get on that.
lucky for you, 5K is only 3.1 miles!!! and if you could youtube your next race i would appreciate seeing the flailing arms. ;)
Running in the snow, Julie? That's dedication. I've been running in the wind a lot lately because that's what Nebraska weather is always like, but I figure it's good training for me as well.
Andy- that mental picture you put in my head just gave me a good seven second laugh. Good job!
Post a Comment