Wal-Mart recently started carrying the Martha Stewart line of crafting products. I hate to contribute to that crazy lady's fortune, but I really like them. I bought one of her stamp pads, which I think are just as nice as the Colorbox brand, and a few stamps. She has a lot of cool ribbons, stamps, and doodads for cards and paper projects. I especially like her wedding and botanical motifs. Most of her colors are muted brights -- kinda like Real Simple magazine.
I've been slacking in the card-making department lately. I'm sort of looking forward to cooler weather that forces me to stay inside and work on stuff like that. On a related note, I'm feeling unbalanced these days. Not unbalanced as in depressed ... just that I feel pulled in too many directions right now. I turned down a social event Tuesday night so I could stay home and get my chores done. Pathetic? Maybe. But I sure felt a lot calmer after I knew that cards for my in-laws were in the mail (a week late, unfortunately), we'd cooked a nice meal instead of eating hot wings at said social event, and massive amounts of laundry were clean and put away.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's a bigger shocker...I turned down WEEKEND plans with my friends. After a long, emotionally draining week I decided I would be selfish and take some R&R and give myself time to tidy up (I currently don't sleep in my bed because my clothes have taken over which is very uncommon), write a research paper, and study for a test that will probably piss me off in the end. All said, tonight I went to a movie and treated myself to Dairy Queen for a treat.
Mmm, Dairy Queen. Enjoy your relaxing weekend, Schnookums.
Your crafting endeavors sound lovely. And you made me crave a gander at Real Simple.
Post a Comment