Monday, November 24, 2008

Hey Julie!

So...

The Mrs. and I were talking the other day and I have a box full of my old NU marching band t-shirts sitting in the other room and always thought it would be cool to make those into a quilt for my Man's basement. Anyway, there are a handful of local quilters that make them, but I figured we would ask if you were interested to give you something to do on cold Winter nights. If you're interested, we could talk all sorts of details and woudl even pay you for your time, either in fiancial planning advice (avoid Asian markets right now) or in cold hard cash!

Thoughts???

1 comment:

Julie said...

After the new year I'll have lots of new time to work quilts, and i'd LOVE to work out a cool design with you! Thanks for thinking of me. =)

I'd prefer not receiving real actual money (just the supplies I need) because I'd hate for my love of quilting to be associated with receiving compensation. Besides, I generally multitask quilt - watch movies, pause to dance to a kickin' song... so the "time involved quilting" is relative. As long as it doesn't involve applique or lots of circles, though, I couldn't see the entire process taking longer than a month.

And Mary, I enjoyed every applique step involved with your quilt. =)