Friday, December 19, 2008

A holiday request


Let me preface this by saying that I don't want to be a Debbie Downer ...

We are very fortunate to have an abundance of family and friends with whom to spend the holidays. That said ... I really, really, really miss spending Christmas -- OK, post-Christmas -- with you guys. Sometimes I get a little down after the Christmas whirlwind wears off. Maybe it's nostalgia for childhood, maybe it's just plain missing family that I don't see much anymore. I don't know. It's just a feeling that makes me really sad if I dwell on it for too long.

Maybe we could re-activate the blog during break and share some of our Christmas adventures and photos with each other? It's not the same as seeing each other in person, but it's a pretty darn good substitute given the distance and our complicated schedules.

In the spirit of starting this off, I'm posting one of Lindsey's pictures from last year's cookie decorating extravaganza.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I miss it too! Not the long drive, of course, but all the fun bonding times. Maybe next year we can pick an off-holiday that isn't already so busy and recreate a new tradition.

And yes, it's time to pick up the blog action again. I've been a guilty slacker I'm afraid.

Andy said...

For when you ladies are living in Denver...

If only there was a place halfway in between Denver and Wisconsin where you girls could meet your parents and spend a day or two.

:)