Saturday, April 11, 2009

An announcement


The Anderson-Washburn family is growing!

Two days before our Mexican getaway, we found out that I'm pregnant! I'm due Nov. 27.

We told the parents and siblings tonight after Easter dinner. Lindsey didn't believe it at first, and it took awhile for Dad to register the news, too. By the end of the evening, though, he was babbling about how wonderful it was. LOL. Mom was about as emotional as I expected (not very, ha!), but was showing her excitement in other ways. I think Cole is hoping that Baby Washburn's debut will wait until the 29th so they can share a birthday.

I was really nervous to tell everyone since we've been deflecting all baby-related inquiries for years. However, Hayley was picking up on my nervousness and I decided that I better come out with the news before she busted us!

For the next 32 weeks or so, expect lots of updates about the latest addition to our family. We're very excited and also a bit nervous. I've decided that I have at least two or three irrational fears per week, some of which are rather entertaining.

So, what's new with all of you? :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

yay! yay! yay!

i'm so SUPER excited!!!! let's make sure you save a baby shower for when i come visit. You two are going to be such AMAZING parents.

ash, I can already picture you with a jogger stroller.

Ashley said...

Thanks, Jules! I sure hope a jogger stroller is in our future. I admittedly haven't been running much lately. I've been pretty sick to my stomach & walking is about all I can handle at the moment.

Mary said...

Congratulations, you guys!!! Think about how much fun it's going to be to design the baby's room and pick out all the baby gear. Julie and I definitely will have to plan a trip out to Nebraska in the upcoming months!!!

How was your Mexico trip? Where did you stay?

Julie said...

Round trip, nonstop flight from Denver to Lincoln is under $175. I'll TOTALLY be a staple at your house this next year!!!