It's been a really long time since anyone has blogged, so I have taken the liberty of "breaking the ice" and blogging. Perhaps someone will be inspired. It has now been a little over a month ago since I moved into my apartment and got a new roommate (her name is Shannon and we grew up together, for those of you who don't know already.) I am fully adjusted to apartment life and we are both enjoying cooking and baking for ourselves and whatever friends come over. I also am loving having my own bathroom and knowing that it is ONLY me making the mess in there (yucky dorm bathrooms no more!) Another perk to our lovely little apartment complex is that we have a great clubhouse with the essential workout machines and a 4 ft. deep pool. That may sound lousy but it's perfect for chickenfighting and playing ball with your sisters! (Oh and that was a really hot guy to oogle while I was cycling and lifting the other day in the clubhouse!)
Besides adjusting to the apartment I've had to adjust because this is my first summer away from home. You'd think that after living in the dorms for two years and being in school that I'd be used to not being at home, but since in past years I have so many wonderful memories of summers at home, it's been quite a time. Thankfully Lindsey comes into Lincoln quite a bit, Ashley and Andy are in Lincoln so I have workout/social buddies, and a lot of my friends stayed in Lincoln too. However, I do find myself wanting to go home quite a bit still, but I'm sure with time that'll pass.
Today I have my final for my Chemistry class and I'm looking forward to having a bit of a break from school. Oddly enough, I really liked this class though, so I might be a bit sad. I have worked hard in this class and for once it will show by my grade, which is normally not the case since I'm not a genius. I also start my new job tomorrow which is at a physical therapy clinic. I'm pretty excited even though I'll probably be doing mostly receptionist stuff, but at least it isn't 8 hours at a desk (sorry Ashley :( ) but only two hours a day. It will be nice to start making some money!
Now, I have an assignment for all of us. Let's tell each week if we did something that was extra fun or summer related so that I know that we're all taking advantage of it being summer and hot! Here's my list from the past 2 weeks:
1. Catching up with high school friends and our foreign exchange student from senior year
2. Making homemade ice cream and apple crisp with Shannon and Chase and sitting on our balcony under the stars eating it (my priest friend)
3. Having friends over to our new apartment and making lots of taco dip and playing in the pool at 10 at night. Chickenfights were DEFINITELY involved!
4. Going to baseball games with Lindsey to watch her boyfriend and my old friends from high school play.
5. Getting coffee and swinging in the park until 11:00 pm with one of my friends while talking of highly intellectual things. (Pretty impressive huh!)
6. Lastly, going for runs on the trails nearby and playing tennis with Ashley and HORSE with Ash and Andy. Exercise is the best in the summer!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You ate your priest friend?! You may want to double-check the wording on item 2, Schnooky. (just playin'!)
You're not allowed to make fun of my office job and make me sad.
Fun summer things I've done:
1) Went to a strawberry patch with Hayley & my friend Crystal, then made some strawberry pie and jam
2) Went swimming with the sisters
3) Hosted a Memorial Day cookout
4) Spent most of Sunday afternoon on our deck getting a tan and reading a book
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm going to the father-in-law's BBQ competition tomorrow, which I'm pretty excited about.
Hayley, I think your idea is wonderful!
Post a Comment