Wednesday Wanderings of the mind.
- My friend just dropped $20,000 on a new car. Its an HHR and I think they are as ugly as sin. And he color is nto that great -- like a tomato red. How do I show my enthusiasm toward it, when I think it looks like a pregnant rollerskate?
- I'm really diggign some music these days.
- Listen to "Boston" by Augustana. Download it, check it out on myspace or purevolume.com -- it will make youhappy and sad at the same time.
- Also, check out Jack's Manequinn. They are fronted by one of the guys who used to be in Something Corporate. If you dig piano-punk, you'll love this. Try "Bruised" "Mixed Tape" and anything on this website: http://jacksmannequin.com/indexc.html
- The markets suck these days. I won't even go there. Volatile is an understatement.
- I ate potato salad for the first tiem in 17 years this weekend. Not bad, but it was a different type with bacon and ranch something. Good stuff
- I love the College World Series. It turns me into a 7-year old kid again. Even if I don't get to games. the opening ceremonies rocked. Literally. The fireworks were the best I've ever seen and YellowCard played a free two-hour concert. Good stuff.
- I have lots of left over beer from our BBQ. What to do.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness I HEART Jake's Mannequin!!!!! They play a lot of songs that are on One Tree Hill so that's how I got started listening. Check out "Dark Blue." It's one of my faves! Also, I like the comment about the pregnant rollerskate car....sounds like a real shot of life.
I love the song "Boston" and I love Jack's Mannequin. Like Hayley said, One Tree Hill introduced me to both of these songs/bands. That show has some great music!
I abhor that O.C. show, but it also has some good music (similar to One Tree Hill stuff).
Yeah, but Hayley is waaaaay cool because she knew Jack's before One Tree Hill -- they just went by a different name. Mainly just a dufferent guitar player from Something Corporate.
Post a Comment