Monday, July 03, 2006

First to direct a comment toward Andy's post - I find it unnecessary to add my opinions to topics that appear to belong only in the Nebraska circle. Some postings simply don't apply to me at all and I usually don't have any replies that contribute to the purpose of a given post. Unless I get more background for some things, they will probably remain Nebraska-only.

As for Paul - he's working back home and the dialup internet connection honestly can't handle this site well.

And a summary of what I've been up to lately:.. I'm still nannying for two girls during the week. They're so much better this year than last. We've had a lot of fun every day but maybe two so far, but those were because their parents kept them up to late over a weekend.

I sail whenever I have a free few hours. This past weekend I earned three more ratings (a rating allows you to take a given boat out in either light or heavy winds, depending on the level tested at). So I now have unlimited access to three boat fleets and the longboard windsurfers in the club. My body still hurts from 6 hours in 25 mph wind on Saturday, but it was so much fun I don't care. Plus, the latest boat I got rated on can hold 6 people, so now I can take out friends (and family) whenever I want for a little joy riding (did I mention it has room for coolers too?).

Then I used my club connections to get Mary and I a ride on one of the keelboats last night, that we sailed across the lake to watch the big "Rhythm and Booms" firework show with orchestra. Aside from the fact that we didn't get back to shore until after 1, it was an awesome evening.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Can I just say I'm jealous? Julie you're so lucky to have such an awesome hobby!

Andy said...

I've always been curious. What happens when there is no wind? I just have this picture of you sittign in the middle of a like like Tommy Boy, playing with you Dingy.

Ashley said...

If you keep talking about sailing, you're going to have at least two cousins looking for jobs and housing in Madtown. :)