Friday, July 14, 2006

Why I'm never marrying a surgeon...
Mary left shortly after 2am this morning because of (what I presume) was a call to watch the liver transplant. Now, as she left in a short time, she failed to shut off her alarm. So at 5am I was woken from my dream (in which a ringing alarm fit into the setting) and had to get out of bed to shut it off. After 10 minutes of continuously sitting up then collapsing back into my pillow, I accepted defeat and got up for the day.

I made myself some ego wheat waffles that I topped with chocolate chips. While eating, I played domestic housewife and began busying myself around the kitchen. I made pumpkin bread. Then cut up the head of cauliflower (because it inevitably goes bad as even I am too lazy to cut vegetables when I'm really hungry). After I brush teeth, I'll probably do a little vacuuming then file away my finance papers I didn't get to last night.

Then I'll leave early for work so I can return Mary's library books, buy a sailing book, return my library books, and exchange the cracked juice pitcher at Target. All the while I will be praying my girls have mercy on this tired soul today - 9.5 hours with them yesterday almost did me over. I resorted to having them play a game in which the goal was to fall asleep first. No one won, but that was only because I couldn't play. Because if I played, I would refuse to wake up. Because yesterday I also had an initial 5am wakeup. Only since today I actually got up then, I know it's going to be a long day for as long as I stay awake...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yay for domestication. Save me a slice of pumpkin bread; it's my favorite. :)

Kiddos are tiring. Why do people forget this and wonder why Andy and I aren't ready for the whole parenting thing yet?