Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I've had quite an eventful week thus far, and I just thought I'd share it with you all because I haven't written a blog for a long time.

So last night was my friend Chase's 22nd birthday. (He's the one that is in seminary to become a priest by the way.) I wanted him to have a good birthday so I invited him over and I was planning to make him a surprise supper. My roommate Shannon was my special helper too. So after my class in the afternoon I rushed home to play Betty Crocker before work. I wanted to make Chase a delicious chocolate-cherry two tier cake. So I mixed up my batter and popped it in my pans and let it do it's thing. Well, when they were finally done, I was pressed for time because I had to be to work in half an hour and it takes me about fifteen to get there. Anyway I went to dump cake tier #1 out and it crumbled into a hot, gooey chocolate-cherry mess. I was frazzled but decided it would be okay and I'd just have one little round cake instead. (The rest is in the freezer waiting to be used with ice cream or something.) So when I got back from work I grilled some lemon pepper chicken. This was risky because I've only grilled one other time so I was nervous. But it turned out great! We melted mozzerella cheese on top and served it on a bed of fetticini alfreado and had peas and a tossed salad on the side. All in all it was a great meal. Afterwards we were all talking and not to my surprise we all discovered that our lives are going in directions that we are unsure of or aren't aware of yet. I do feel bad for Chase though because his life decision is much more complex than Shannon and mine's are. He's not sure if seminary is what he wants to do and so in a matter of four hours we managed to consule each other and have a great birthday. Now stop Ashley and Andy. I know what you're thinking. I made him a special supper FOR HIS BIRTHDAY ONLY. And NO HE ISN'T GOING TO LEAVE THE SEMINARY FOR ME.

Today I took my first essay form test since high school. I was so nervous about it that I woke up at 6:00 this morning and studied and did practice tests until my class started at 1:00 this afternoon. That's pretty hard core. But I think I can see why people like essay tests better. At least you can get partial credit unlike all the stupid bubble-tests I take that it is either right or wrong. Anyway I hope it went well especially after all the hard work I put in.

The last thing I have to say is probably trivial but it has been building inside of me and I'd like to get it out. I really enjoy my job as a whole. Physical therapy isn't my alley exactly, but it is still interesting. Well one of my bosses is continuously cranky and basically tells people how much she hates to work. I find this funny because she has to be making quite a nice bit of dough, but from what I can evaluate I don't think she's at a happy time in her life. Sad day for her. But I worked over 12 hours this weekend at the Cornhusker State Games, which is an amateur sporting event that takes place once a year in Lincoln. Well I got volunteered by my boss to work as "medical personnel" at the youth baseball and open swimming events. I got excited until after I'd worked those 12 hours to only sit out in the 90+ degree heat and making only two ice bags. I mean I'm sure my time was appreciated but I felt that my weekend could've been spent doing something more productive. Anyway my boss that volunteered me has yet to mention or thank me for my efforts. I don't expect to get a thank you, but she hasn't once showed any sort of liking towards me. I'm starting to think I'm a bad person or something. Anyway, that is my gripe for the day.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Not saying a word. ;)

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a turdy face whose unhappy attitude sucks the happiness out of my lovely Tootsie Pop.