I've returned from a five-day vacation during which I forced myself to stay away from the Internet, e-mail and my cell phone. Sometimes a girl needs to escape.
Speaking of needing to escape, I hate, hate, hate those stupid Blackberry PDAs. During my trip I was surrounded by people who would pick up their Crackberries every five minutes to check e-mail or return phone calls. For crying out loud, enjoy your $10 margarita and turn off your damn phone. I firmly believe that no one but God needs to be accessible 24/7.
Las Vegas was fabulous, fun and expensive. Holy cats, was it expensive. It was near impossible to order dinner for less than $50 a person. Good thing Andy’s office will be reimbursing most of our meal costs. I'm way appreciative of our low cost of living in the Midwest.
Los Angeles. Man, that city was a hellhole. There was graffiti and garbage everywhere.
Due to my Vegas junket, I missed a day of class. Unfortunately, it was the most important day of the semester because we have to write a paper based on a guest speaker's presentation. I gave my professor a digital recorder to capture the lecture, and apparently the sound quality is horrible. I thought I could remedy the situation by interviewing the guest speaker, a suggestion that my professor shot down immediately. She also doesn't want me to rely on someone's notes. I know this is partly my fault, but I don’t have a clue how I'll get this assignment done.
I'm so not into school right now. Remind me again why I'm doing this.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To better your educational horizons...j/k but I heard one of my professors say that to a kid in my Psychology of Aggression class when he said, "Why shouldn't I drop your class, a-hole?" Seriously, that was the highlight of my day!
Post a Comment