- Salad is not lunch. I had a lunch meeting today where they served a salad. Like two small chunks of chicken and artichoke hearts. I ate those, but that is NOT a meal.
- Why do toenails get so thick?
- Grad school still sucks, but in the "do-nothing" marketing class, the professor jsut gave up. Yeah....she was supposed to have a guest speaker nesxt week and forgot, so no class. The next week, we have a take home test and don't have to show for class. The following week is "optional group meeting time." Then we are into presentations and finals week. Whee -- jump through hoops and learn nothing new. Grad school. Boooo.
- I love trail mix.
- I make a very good Zach Morris.
- Ok, so doctors, nurses and pharmacists -- what makes ear wax? Seriously, what is that stuff?
- So I got a new parking pass as part of a promotion. I get to park right outside our building. Well, today was the secodn day I could use it and both times, I've walked three blocks to the old lot after work before I remember I get to park at my building now. Old habits are heard to kill I guess.
Peace out players.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i have 6 exams before thanksgiving break. very little time for posting, unfortunately. but my profs promise they want us to succeed. well i want things too, but it doesn't always mean they come true
I've decided that I must be adopted. Really. Everyone is successful at school. Our little Ashley and Andy who were like "Mr. and Ms. UNL" during their undergrad years and are now grad-schooling it. Then there's Mary who is pretty much my idol as far as following your dreams and doing whatever it takes. Julie, you have a glamerous life full of hobbies (such as sailing which I'm still envious of), tons of cool looking friends, and you're very successful and dedicated to your studies. I'm not sure if Cole reads this, but he has a job already and is also super involved and well-known on campus. Paul, I don't know what you're all up to, but I'm sure you're swooning the ladies and doing well in school because you're a smart cookie like that. And lastly, Lindsey made a pretty darn good adjustment to school (unlike me) and has a lot of nice friends, not to mention an academic scholarship. What have I done with my college career besides change my major a bagillion times and finally have a goal that seems unconquorable? This is one of the reasons I must be adopted. More reasons to follow later.
Hayley, no. You are merely getting all the frustrations out of the way early on in life, so you can be nothing but successful later on.
and i think you've forgotten about the two exams (well, one for sure) that i failed so far this semester, puting me at a very possible risk to not pass the class(s). because pharmacology is definitely not getting any earier for me than it was...
but everything happens for a reason - everything has to be lined up in life before we find out what we truly exist for.
so have faith, my dear.
Schnooky, WHATEVER! Look at the stuff you've done:
- dorm health aide
- intramural sports
- volunteered at St. E's
- been a peer mentor to guide the misguided freshmen
- had the good sense to take those misguided freshmen to detox when they needed it
- crammed more classes and work commitments into your schedule than any other student I know
- winner of the Burr Hall "Most Priceless" award
- designer of a kick-ass Bull Fry t-shirt
- accompanied your grandparents to doctor appointments so you could play "interpreter"
- and, oh yeah, are on so many people's speed dials it's not even funny
You've had a few setbacks this year, but you do not suck. I think you're pretty fabulous and so does everyone else.
Thanks Julie. I guess you're right about getting it out of my system. I know it's true when they say everything happens for a reason, but sometimes that doesn't make things seem that much better, but eventually I'll look back and realize that I'm a better person because of these experiences. Good luck on all your exams dear :)
All these comments, and no answers to my ear wax inquiry.
"The soft, brownish yellow, waxy secretion (a modified sebum) of the ceruminous glands of the external auditory meatus" from Stedmans dictionary, and "The skin of the outer part of the canal has special glands that produce earwax. This wax is supposed to trap dust and dirt particles to keep them from reaching the eardrum." from an ENT .org webpage.
ew. graphic.
Post a Comment