Thursday, February 01, 2007

Abs of steel, no longer

I can handle that I've started using eye cream to keep the wrinklies away. I didn't even freak out when the 16-year-old at American Eagle told me they no longer stock my favorite pair of jeans because they're selling only uber-low-cut styles these days. But I've been VERY disappointed to learn in the past year or so that I can no longer pig out on junk food like I used to. Not because of the weight thing, but because my body feels like total crap (literally and figuratively) when I do. I ate too many Hershey's Kissables & conversation hearts last night, and I woke up with a pounding headache that still hasn't gone away. It's like an alcohol-free hangover. ugh.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Dang, aging is beautiful! LOL Don't worry though doll because you're still totally hot. Even I don't eat junk food anymore, but when I do on rare occasions (Super Bowl parties, Christmas goodies, hanging out with Lindsey ;) ) I can definitely tell that gravity and my metabolism are saying this isn't such a good idea. As for the headache, drink some water and eat some fruit.

Julie said...

even I can essentially eat no chinese below the quality of p.f. chang's. grocery store egg rolls and girl-night chinese buffets irritate my digestive system... probably something about the oil it was originally cooked in. and don't even get my started on how the dark chocolate dove hearts are making my body feel...

Ashley said...

I hear you, Jules. In the past year I've developed a major aversion to Chinese buffets.