Monday, February 19, 2007

I have a spring in my step today

because it's a glorious 47 degrees outdoors. Yesterday I went on a 45-minute walk OUTSIDE. The streets were slushy and wet, but the trails were dry. Then I washed my car for the first time since Christmas. The weather is supposed to stay nice until Saturday, when we're supposed to get a thunderstorm, ice, and snow in the same day. I can't wait. Thundersnow happens only once or twice a year. It's creepy, like something out a sci-fi movie where the world is about to end, but awesome.

I also went to Joann's Fabrics yesterday and stocked up on card-making supplies. I bought a huge stack of assorted bright cardstock for 50% off, some inexpensive polka dot and striped accent paper, bubble alphabet stickers, and some random doodads. Oh, and I splurged on a circle cutter, which is more difficult to use than I anticipated. I've mutilated some of my beautiful cardstock already. Maybe I need to buy the special rubberized mat to put underneath the cutter rather than relying on cardboard?

I went to one of my high school friend's weddings on Saturday. At the reception, I sat with some twins who were a year behind me in school. They have six kids between them, which is mindboggling. When did everyone become such grown-ups?

I hadn't intended on writing Monday Musings, but that's what it turned into. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

4 comments:

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

Monday musings is my thing you theif! Of course, I just figured out the whole google/blogger thing last week. I shall indeed muse again.

Lindsey said...

i am thouroughly enjoying the fantastic weather as well. tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 55 degrees! Capris may be in order:)

Ashley said...

i can't wait until it's time to wear my white cargo capris again. definitely one of my better purchases last summer.