- I got a new car! My other car was starting to see better days and with more than 166,000 miles on it, the age was beginning to show through. Even though I was very sad to abandon my first car, my new one has so many new whistles and buttons that I don't know which one to play with first. Thanks to my dad, I was able to score a light silver 2001 Impala that is more sporty instead of looking like a Buick. It has a sunroof, CD/cassette player, and a very spacious trunk and back seat perfect for my 300+ mile drives out to Scottsbluff for school next year.
- I quit my job! That's right. After working 10 months for Madonna Therapy Plus I am turning in my name tag. There are lots of reasons for me quitting, but here are the most important ones. I'm working again at the Beaver pool this summer so that I have flexible hours and can work with my Pookie (Lindsey)! Also, mom and dad are doing their "We want you around as much as we can, while we can" thing. Loving, but difficult at times. The other reason is that my boss is a turd sandwich and once he made a comment involving the dress code and my chest, I decided that was the last straw. I'm a new woman! My last day is April 24. I think I'll throw myself a huge party.
- I went to the Bricktop. Okay I know this comment has made lots of jaws drop, but for those who don't know what the Bricktop is, it is a club/bar in Lincoln that features 80's night on Sunday nights. This sounds all fine and dandy, but the place is crawling with weirdos that believe that deodrant and razors are overated. Not only that, but anything goes there. So you can find some pretty interesting kids there. The reason I went there on Sunday night was for my best friend's 21st b-day. I mean she was drunk, so she thought I'd be a great idea. It turned out to be quite a good time. I'll never go back there if I can help it, but I have recently downloaded some classic 80's tunes by none other than Paula Abdul, Madonna, and Tiffany.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
New Week, New Beginnings!
After beginning my week terribly stressed, I have transformed my attitude into more positive and upbeat. Here's why:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bricktop?! Did you see Rhema and Josh? Or my freaky-deaky coworker? Or our freaky-deaky cousin Laura?
Good for you for getting out of a bad work situation. I sure wish someone else (cough, cough, Mom!) would follow your example.
Post a Comment