Yesterday my parents and Lindsey helped me move all my stuff out of my apartment and into my new house in Scottsbluff. It was surprisingly a good drive out (only five and a half hours away from home). Anyway by this morning I have all of my things in order and the house is absolutely adorable. I'll put pictures on the blog after I get a digital camera this week!
I'm staying here in Scottsbluff until Sunday and then I'm driving home to spend about four more days at home. After that I'm here for good. This is all very exciting and scary all at the same time. I love feeling independent and trying new things, and I'm getting excited for school to start! But, the bad part about the move is loneliness. Yesterday I was doing great while mom and dad were here and I wasn't on the verge of tears or anything. I then called Schnookie and all was well there too. All evening my new roommate and I bonded and watched a movie together. Everything seemed fine and I was shocked, but glad. Until I went to bed. It then caught up with me that I'm really moving away from my parents, I don't know anyone here but my roommate (and I hate having to tag along all the time with her), I don't know how to navigate around Scottsbluff, and even though my phone and e-mail have kept me up to date, not seeing my family and friends is very hard.
I'm confident that things will get better, but for now I'm still adjusting.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hayley, you're seriously very brave! mary and i were just talking earlier about moving on with life and becoming independent, and i commented that i didn't know if i could be independent on my own. i like people to start new chapters of life with me. i mean come on - my first apartment is on the same floor as mary's!
i'm sure your stunning personality will attract new friends quickly, though. and before you know it, oodles of boys will be tracking you down as well. i'm so proud of you getting into nursing school though! good luck this semester!
Aww thanks Jules! I've decided that maybe after schools all over I should move to where you and Mary move to.
We could be a little hospital family!
And that place could be closer to Lincoln. Kansas City. Omaha? Yes?
Okay, if you guys are going to live in the same city after graduation, you're gonna tempt me to move.
Heck, I was tempted to move to Madison after visiting you lovely folks, but if you're not staying, there's no point in that. :)
I agree with Julie. If only we could move our loved ones to the places we want to live. I know I probably would've left Nebraska long ago if it weren't for family and friends.
Andy, yes, I'm sure once I'm done it will be close to KC, Omaha, or Lincoln. In fact, even though it may not be the Madison Anderson's top choice, I think I'd like to try living in Kansas City for a while. Of course you lovely people will always come before my travels. Lets face it, I can't help but be close to you kids.
P.S. Julie, you really think I'm brave? I've never thought of myself as brave. :)
You're brave, Schnooky. No doubt about that.
Post a Comment