
So I'm about 19 days late, but the sentiment still stands. :) I figure since I haven't blogged for awhile, except for a few comments here and there, that I'd contribute.
My year has gone swimmingly so far. Yes, I still have mono and don't feel awesome yet. However, my mind is at peace now that I'm not working at a place that made me cry at least once a week and gave me a panic attack (not an exaggeration, unfortunately). I really like my new job. Everyone has been so welcoming, and I like what I'm doing. I'm a writer and editor for the university's research office, which means I'm one of the first people to hear about and publicize everyone's nifty inventions. I love working for a university-wide office because I don't have to focus on one subject -- I cover everything from the arts and humanities, to science and engineering, to agriculture, to quilt studies. My first major assignment was on continuous nanofibers. Do I really understand what that means? Just barely. But since I've made a career out of knowing a little bit about a lot of things, I can usually pull together a decent story when I have time to do my research.
Other random thoughts:
* I've been guzzling green tea, in hopes that it will boost my immune system. Plain green tea tastes like grass. Green tea with jasmine tastes like you're munching on an orchid (or what I imagine what that would taste like). ;) Green tea infused with lemon and honey is bearable.
* The end-of-season sales have been out of control. Or rather, my spending has been out of control, tee hee. But how am I supposed to pass up a pair of wool dress pants for $17.99 at Banana Republic? Or the $9 sweatpants at Express? Or J. Crew's online sales? Gah, somebody should block jcrew.com on my Safari browser because I'm pretty sure it'll be my downfall.
* I posted a picture of my new Easter dress. This is the first non-sale item that I've bought at BR, but it is so me. The picture doesn't do it justice; just ask Hayley how cute I looked. :)
* This weekend, I am working on a list of New Year's resolutions, which include grand visions of keeping my inbox de-cluttered and taking better care of myself. Once I start feeling better, I will start running again and using Julie's tips for toning the badonk.
* Mom, Hayley, Lindsey and I saw 27 Dresses this afternoon. 'Twas a very enjoyable chick flick, and hello eye candy ... James Marsden is a hottie. I've loved him ever since he was on Party of Five back in 1995. Oh, and he was Lon in the The Notebook.
* I think May would be a great time for a cousin reunion.
3 comments:
i think your dress looks lovely! btw... quilt studies?
Mom, Dad (reluctantly)), and I also saw the adorable chick flick 27 Dresses on opening night. I had a girl in my grade school/high school named Nicole Marsden who always claimed to be a relative of James Marsden. I was never sure if I should believe her or note. Julie also saw that movie Friday with her girls. Clearly, not a lot else to do when it is negative 22 degrees outside. Literally. Also, awesome dress.
LOL, quilt studies is for real. This fall UNL is opening a brand-new climate controlled, environmentally friendly building to house a bazillion quilts. As far as I know, the quilt studies scholars study the patterns and historical significance of quilts. Sounds a bit kooky, but apparently we're world-renowned for it.
http://www.quiltstudy.org/
http://cehs.unl.edu/tcd/graduate/matxdistance.shtml
Post a Comment