Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update to My Life - Part 2

Hello all! I'm writing from my cute new apartment. I am giddy because I'm blaring my upbeat music that I like and I don't have to worry about if anyone else likes it. I love living by myself! Not to mention my friends are all in my building. It has changed me already. Today I giggled a lot...looks like I'm more back to my old self.

Yesterday was my first day of classes and it was very overwhelming. This semester I have Medical/Surgical with a twice a week clinical, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology. Basically, I will be devoting my precious time with my text books. Good thing I knew about the rigorous load of this semester already. Last night I already started studying and I have my first test tomorrow on IVs and IV calculations.

Today, was probably one of the best labs I've had yet. I learned about IVs, how to put them in, take them out, and change the meds. It was very exciting practicing on computer simulation programs and rubber arms! I met my clinical instructor for this semester today, and she seems very nice and makes a lot of jokes. She gave me a smiley face and a great on my paper today for my IV skills. Needless to say I was stoked...but mostly because she digs smiley face reward systems! Of course I had to add a little bit of Hayley to the day, so as we are rotating to practice setting up the IV pump I have to maneuver around another IV pole complete with four different IV lines. As I try to expertly step over the cords, I manage to use the dreaded Anderson Clumsy tricks and get my legs caught in all the cords. Luckily I'm really good at laughing at myself; and my classmates got a kick out of my grace as well.

I'm not sure how exciting this information is to everyone else, but it is refreshing to see that I can still smile and get a laugh out of my classmates. After being under the stress of Julianne, I lost my humor. Now I just smile when I watch her show up late and ditch out of class early. Looks like maybe I won after all. Suck on that!

3 comments:

Julie said...

i'm so happy you're happy again! p.s. i commented on your visit idea in the other link. it's a SUPER idea to be thought about and acted upon. i'll know more about my schedule in a few weeks when i find out about 4th year clerkship rotations.

Ashley said...

I'm happy that Bitchface isn't getting you down. I'm telling you, I'm predicting bad things for her. Sounds like she skated through the first semester, but she won't be able to keep getting away with it.

Anyway. I really want to see your apartment!

Andy said...

Hazey....You and ash sould sooooo cam it up and have you can give Ash a walking tour of the apartment.

Glad to hear things goign better. Last night, after my fourth run of the year, I decided that I am pretty happy with my life. Then the runner's high wore off. :)