Dear all,
Well, I am all settled in to my new apartment and awaiting my roommate's arrival the end of next week. I decided to be productive and went earlier this week to the Denver DMV to procure my Colorado driver's license. Seriously, it was just like it was portrayed in sitcoms. I expected to just go in at 11:00 AM and be out in time for lunch. Hah. It was a huge room with two hundred people inside. Three hours later, they finally call my number for me to go up to the counter! To make matters worse, I unwittingly sat down next to a nut case. This fifty-year-old woman starts telling me all about her anxiety disorders that her doctors told her were "messing up her brain," how her knees and hips hurt, how she was unemployed, and how she had gone bankrupt because she lent some money to her ungrateful daughter. Not wanting to be completely rude, I nodded weakly at the appropriate junctures and tried to look away as often as I could. I was just about to tell her that she didn't really need to tell me all about her private life when her number was called, and I sneaked off to a seat further up towards the front of the room. After this delight, I went to get an emissions test on my vehicle. The next day I got my car registered and my new license plates. A lot of random things to take care of when moving to a new state that I didn't anticipate! I spent today watching Lost episodes because it is rainy and only 55 degrees outside. However, it is supposed to be back in the 80's this weekend, so my summer resolution is to try to make the best of my last week of vacation! Specific goals are still pending...
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh dear, I never know how to handle people like that!
The comedian Dane Cook has a funny take on the DMV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwtoVtSAgs
Post a Comment