Hello all! I apologize for my absence from the blog other than random comments to the posts being done by everyone else. I've been working hard to get my ducks in a row for this summer. This all rested on my internship status. I was offered a position in OR in Scottsbluff and a position at the Nebraska Medical Center in the Organ Transplant Unit. Hmmm, which one should I take?
Ha! That's easy, I accepted the position in Omaha. At my interview I was very impressed with the unit's mentality and staff. The staff were all passionate about their work and enjoyed being there. After sharing personal patient stories I was hooked. I feel very honored to be joining their team for my summer internship! It begins on June 8 and I believe goes to the beginning of August.
I plan on living in Lincoln with my grandpa most of the time this summer. This will hopefully bring more bonding, Food Network, and grilling; however, he does have about as active of a social life as I do! This will also mean that I will be able to hang out at the lake with Ashley and Andy, swim and lay out at Aunt Nancy's pool, and be near enough to home to frequent Oscar, mom, and dad.
Other highlights of the summer are: I get registered in Health Fitness through the YMCA which will allow me to teach spinning and yoga wherever life my take me, and my old best friend, Steph, gets married. Sadly, I'm more excited about my dress than the actual event but that is a whole other story.
I look forward to having more free time this summer which will also allow me to get to Denver. Next semester will be even more amazing because I will be close and will have a little more free time since it's my last semester!!! My plans for post-graduation are in the making, but I can't disclose yet where I may be.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You get down with yo bad self. Congrats.
Yay for you! I plan on a trip to nebraska too, with Mary in tow. =)
Schnookums, the last sentence is awfully cryptic.
Wisconsin Andersons, please come to Nebraska! We have a guest room and so do the parentals!
Hey, maybe I need to start calling you the Colorado Andersons.
Ashley, I'll be on the airline's mailing list for last minute flight deals. If I get the job I want (still waiting a couple more weeks for that offer) I'll get done at 1pm on Friday every week with Sat and Sun off. So there may be some spontaneous visits too!!
Post a Comment