Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday musings.

Well, the paper from hell is done and I am focusing on studying now. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be sitting in class taking the test. Then I will be drinkign heavily.

Hayley, Ash and I had a conversation yesterday that I have to clarify. I stated that I dislike girls like Ashley and Hayley that had all these guys interested in college and are interested in the guys in return....yet when the guy is finally given the chance, the girls lose interest. To clarify, I didn't mean to say I hate girls like that. But....when I think of how big of a tool I was with girls as a freshman or sphopmore in college, I know that I wasn't smooth or whatnot, but I knew I would treat them good and not try to impregnate withiin 4 minutes of the first date. That's why some of the good guys are so gun shy to approach you. The four girls I dated before Ash nearly made me want to give up women. Of course, a nympho, a bi-sexual lesbian, a one-night hook-up that never called me back and the women I call pure evil (mainly in jest) will do that for you. Which brings me to my next point.

Hayley, Julie, Lindzo, Mary, and Paul (switch all the he's to she's in this paragraph and you'll get the point).....Give the geeks a chance every so often. The dream boats and jocks will not treat you nearly as good as the occasional geek will. The hunky dudes will only hold on to you until something else catches their interest. They have so many opportunities, they take good girls for granted and don't knwo how to treat you ladies. Geeks on the other hand cherish the opportunity to spoil, care for and love a good girl that just givs them a chance. And you never know. The geek can grow up a lot from his freshman to senior year. Think about how much of an idiot you were three years ago and I rest my case. So all I'm saying is that you ladies struggling to find your dream guy may want to look at the guys you know will treat you like queens, make you feel special, and will cherish you. Most of the time they will grow up. So give a geek a chance. Ashley did, and I hope it turned out OK for her.

I'm bullish on the Steel and Oil market. Keep your eyes on Nucor (with a Norfolk NE plant) and Encana or Nexium.

I really like brownies.

Did you know pecans will lower your cholesterol?

I wore a baseball hat and jeans for 20 minutes when I stopped by the office today. that was neat.

I got more work done in that 20 minutes than I do in a regular day of work. Why is it when I have 300 things to do and limited time, i can get them done quicker than when I only have ten things to do all day long? A quandry indeed.

I suck at typing, and the tips of my fingers are numb from that darn paper.

I can taste the beer tomorrow night after the test. Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Andy said...

There is a difference between lovable geeks and psycho-depressed nut jobs.

Ashley said...

I am a geek chaser. Always have been, always will be. Here are the reasons why lovable geeks ROCK:
- They generally listen to cool music.
- They generally are very in tune with quirky pop culture stuff. If you play Trivial Pursuit, you want these guys on your team.
- They generally have brains and can carry on intelligent conversations about politics, religion, sports, and other controversial topics.
- They're often hilarious.
- Every geek boy I've known respects women and doesn't act like we're playthings to hump & dump. The "chase" isn't as easy for them, so once they find a special lady, they put a lot of effort into the relationship.
- If you marry a geek, life is never, ever boring. ;)

Schnookums, I agree that you are not obligated to pursue the geek you mentioned because he is a manipulative little twink. Let him be all emo and play his kill-me music. He reminds me of one of my stalkers. *shudders*

Julie said...

awwww... i want a geek!