I have to get this off my chest so I can go on with my day.
I've read a lot about Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple computers. I admire him, and I prefer his business plan over the Bill Gates model. Every day I'm surrounded by computer snobs who worship the Mac, and their reasons seem valid. I want to love my pretty Mac computer ... but I don't. I want to throw it out the window. Here's why:
1) Many Web pages get messed up on Mac-supported web browsers. You should see how jacked up this blog looks on Andy's work computer.
2) Microsoft Office, which 99.9999% of Americans use, sucks rocks on a Mac. That's how I got into the mess I'm in now.
3) They really aren't that intuitive or user friendly. I love my ipod, but setting up itunes was a bitch at first. It caused the only real screaming match that Andy and I have had.
4) If Apple itself doesn't make the program, it probably will be filled with bugs and glitches and won't work properly.
5) I'm tired graphic designers claiming that desktop publishing programs work best on Macs. That is a load of crap. They work fine on both.
6) What's up with Mac keyboards having an Apple key and a control key? Instead of pressing control+C to copy something, you press Apple+C. You use the Apple key for almost every major command, so why bother having a control key?
7) Either I'm getting old and blind, or the default screen font size is unreasonably tiny. Changing the setting by just one notch makes it GIANT. I can't win.
The one good thing about Macs is that you don't have to worry about viruses. That's because the evil genius virus makers know that hardly anyone uses Macs; therefore, creating a Mac virus wouldn't be worth their time!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL, I never knew just how tragic it is to be in a world full of Mac lovers. I'm sorry that it is of great distress to you my love. Oh and guess what my Microbiology professor gave his wife for Valentine's day? A card with Louis Pateur on it! (The main microbiology god) I pity that lady I really do! Anyway I little random thought for the day.
I disagree with you, but I love you anyway. My work mac is AWESOME. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
Macs get a lot better if you have a two-button mouse.
I have a two-button mouse. It still sucks.
Ahem ... I take back my "one good thing" comment. Yahoo News announced today that somebody created a Mac virus.
See? No reason at all to own one of these puppies.
Post a Comment