Sunday, February 19, 2006

Quotes of the Day

Today Hayley wore a pair of brown sweatpants and a kelly green sweatshirt. I had already given her a hard time about her outfit because her pants said "Nebraska" and her shirt said "Minnesota." So, Hayley was doubly wounded when mom blurted out, "You look like a ... tree!" Lindsey and I giggled, and Schnookums looked crestfallen, so Mom tried to smooth things over by saying, "That's okay, honey. It's found in nature." Then I said, "And we all know that things found in nature make fabulous fashion!" (By the way, she really did look cute.)

Andy and I often lament that our kids are screwed because both of us have had glasses, braces, ugliness, awkwardness, and lack of athletic talent. So, when Andy discovered this evening that we both have foot problems occasionally, he said (rather angrily, I might add), "Our kids are going to be shitting themselves when they're 20."

Now for a late addition:
"Chuck her into the audience for bigger applause!" said Andy, in an Indian accent, while watching ice dancing with me.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Actually, the Accent was Russian.

Hayley said...

Those quotes are neat and I'm okay now with the fact that I am an Earth friendly dresser!