It seems that our blog site is made-up mostly of rants and personal conflicts that we are having, which is super because we can help each other out. So here is my rant.
I have found out in the past year or so that it is almost impossible to date a guy my age. Why you ask? They seem to all have the mentality that they should be wild-bar-hopping-idiots and the idea of having just ONE girl is one too few. I'm not going to say that in my young age that I don't enjoy checking out and flirting with cute boys, but lets face it, does that get you a date on Saturday night? NO! Instead I've found that on typical "date nights" I'm usually found hanging out with the girls or else my pre-Catholic priest friend that everyone thinks I should date (hmm...didn't I say he was CATHOLIC!) LOL needless to say, I'm not meeting anyone.
However, I got to thinking about that past three guys that I've been casualing dating (I use this term because it's never official it's just that we hang out when there's no one else to hang out with.) Somehow in the process I get my hopes up only to find out that I'm labeled their "back-burner" girl. Excuse me, but I believe that I'm more exciting than a simmering pot of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner. No, I am a boiling pot of potatoes at the front of the stove that you need to worry about starching up your stove. I've been told on occasion that I'm a fun-loving, cool kid, but how does this personality type get dubed as a "back-burner" girl? I guess I'll just have to meet new guys that can appreciate my personality and treat me like potatoes.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Hayley, I love you.
Why thank you my love!
Hayley, you are so funny. Anyone who can use mac 'n' cheese & potatoes as analogies for how to treat a girlfriend should be doing stand-up comedy. :)
Post a Comment