Wednesday, May 03, 2006

With graduation just around the corner, many of us seniors have started handing out our invites to classmates and underclassmen. This handing out just started today, but already I've gotten two invites that say "Your invited!" on the top. Anyone see anything wrong with this? Apparently after thirteen years of education, high school seniors still don't know the difference between your and you're. I find it quite hilarious, and I'm bound to see more of these spelling mistakes. However, I do kind of pitty (now did I spell that right, it doesn't look right) the people who have done this because it's going to make them look really stupid to their peers (if they even notice) but most of all, their teachers. How embarrassing!

I'd also like your input. I'm making Chip a CD for part of his graduation present. If you know of any totally awesome graduation CD appropriate songs, let me know. Did that make any sense? I hope it did.

Oscar is doing much better, which I am very glad to see. I was very concerned last Friday when I found him coughing up blood. No more blood and barely a cough. Good Oscar!

I'd just like everyone to know AP exams SUCK! I took my AP Calculus exam this morning and was pretty much beat after the first twenty minutes. Good thing it won't hurt my grade and I don't really have to have it next year. Otherwise, I might be freaking out about now.

Did anyone else hear the thunderstorm last night? It was AWESOME!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I fear for the future if high school seniors don't know the difference between your and you're.

I'll give you a pass on pity because you realized that it was wrong.

I'm so glad to hear that Oscar is doing better. I've been worried about the little guy.

Good graduation songs:
1. Time of Your Life by Green Day
2. Small Town by John Mellencamp always reminds me of graduation
3. Leaving Town by Dexter Freebish is a MUST, and it's definitely your type of music. It might be hard to find, but we have a copy if you need it.
4. Red Dirt Road by Brooks & Dunn is about being nostalgic for cruising country roads and drinking beer, which seems appropriate for any CHS grad ;)
5. History of a Boring Town by Less Than Jake. GREAT punky song about leaving a small town for college/career/etc.
6. The Graduation Song by Vitamin C is pretty cheesy and girly, but I always think of it.
7. Closing Time by Semisonic
8. Photograph by Nickelback. I hate Nickelback but have to admit this is graduation-appropriate.
9. Young by Kenny Chesney. Another good song about being nostalgic for dirt roads and beer, which is always appropriate for a CHS grad.
10. Times Like These by the Foo Fighters
11. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan. It's sad, but perfect.
12. Home by O.A.R. Good song about feeling most "at home" with childhood friends.
13. No Such Thing by John Mayer
14. The Anthem by Good Charlotte is a song about leaving the prison of high school. Again, very appropriate for graduates of Centennial Public Prison.
15. School's Out by Alice Cooper. Good last song, in my opinion.

Dang, I'm going to make myself a graduation playlist for my ipod. (But I'm adding Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks to mine!)

Andy said...

I would definately consider:

My Hometown by Bowling For Soup.

Underground by Ben Folds Five

One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces by Ben Folds Five

Lindsey said...

Thank you very much for both of your input. I will download these songs and pick my favorites! Thanks again!

Hayley said...

Andy, thanks for adding Ben Folds!