Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday musings. How about that.

Well, the weekend has been survived. I think that is the busiest one we will have this summer.

I have a box of Cheerios under my desk that I use as mid-day snack food. Everybody here thinks that is strange. Wonder why.

Well, got my first A+ of my academic career. Since I am so old and all, the +/- system wasn't around when I was in high school or college at UNL. But thanks to one of Ashley's friends, it is now in place at UNL. And it pisses me off. I am penalized for every "minus" I get, including an A-. Yet, if I totally master something and score the rare A+, I don't get any extra bonus. Seems out of balance to me that if you are goign to reward me for every other plus like a B+ or C+, I want the extra love for an A+. I know -- shut the hell up -- you got an A+. And I probably never will again unless NU starts teaching the "Spirituality of Star Wars" or some other geeky class. I just want the system to be fair.

Then there is my other professor. He uhhh -- left the country for the summer and forgot to turn in grades before he left. What the hell? Yes, this is the same bastard-coated bastard that made me thake a test the night of the prayer service and all.

that's all for today. More work to be done.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Andy, I feel the same way about A+'s. Except that the class you go yours in was probably much harder than the class that I got mine in. Mine was my Health Aide class. But still, neato for us!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.