Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The return of Monday Musings:
  • I know it's Wednesday, but after the holiday, it feels like a Monday. Back off.
  • Cole is single. And happy again might I add. She broke it off with him, but he comes out brilliantly. He didn't have to hurt her by being the jerk, he is out of a bad relationship, and as chipper as I've seen him in a long time. It sucks to lose your first love, but it is good to quit before you've put multiple years' time and emotion into it.
  • Talk about following my own piece of advice -- I get an e-mail today from a fellow classmate and intern. She is massively successful and at 27 is a vice-president at Verizon and has a staff of 40, and was in a national commercial that is starting to air. Very hard not to compare myself to her, especially since I regularly kicked her ass in classes and on projects. She's making big bucks and is living just outside NYC. But I also detect some loneliness and sadness in her e-mail. Even though she has much success and money, I still consider myself much wealthier -- just in different ways and I wouldn't trade that for anything.
  • Saw a cat brawl this morning. Cool.
  • Emerging markets look to be where it will be as long as commodity prices stay high. I'm a little puzzled why the energy markets have not rallied despite the gas price spike.
  • I like the smell of fireworks. Nothing like celebrating America by blowing a part of it up with Chinese technology.
  • The North Koreans are crazy.
  • Am I the only one that thinks this Ken Lay thing was suicide. You suddenly have a heart attack right before you are supposed to start serving life in prison?
  • Wisconsin cousins, when Hayley turns 21, get ready to host us up there. Maybe fall of 2007?

3 comments:

Julie said...

rumor on the street is that Hayley wants to come here to celebrate the big 21. i'd LOVE an extended party outing either way, though. =)

Lindsey said...

you have fun with the 21 party. being 18 isn't that great. all the stuff i can do now, i don't want to do. boo all of you.

Ashley said...

Anytime you start to feel a little bad about the former classmate, remember that she contracted an STD during college and you did not.

That wasn't very nice of me. But I can't hear her name without thinking, "E.B. gave her gonorrhea. Or crabs. Or something. Probably everything, actually."