I should really just go to bed right now, but I have too much energy and excitement pulsing through me. I just got my computer today, and I just CAN'T WAIT to hook it up and try it out. I thought about doing it yet tonight, but it just seems like a project that should wait until tomorrow morning. By the way, Andy, thank you so very much for helping me out with all my computer decisions. I know we went though many ideas, but I'm pretty sure you hooked me up with a pretty awesome machine.
School shopping has been a much looked forward to event every year since Kindergarten, but this year, it has reached an all-time high. As much as college scares me right now, it also excites me, partly because of all the fun school supplies I get to pick out. This year, I am not limited to bright notebooks, character-clad folders, and sweet new pens; a whole plethora of supplies has been added to my cart. A brand new comfortor, white background splashed with pink, purple, lime, and teal polka dots; fluffy towels in a rainbow of colors -- pink, yellow, lime, and deep teal (thanks to graduation guests); new pajama shorts in a seventies-ish paisly pattern to match with an already owned rainbow cami; a TV; and to put it to maximum use, a DVD/VCR combo. Not to mention the items I haven't bought yet. A few including: a bath robe, pillows, shower caddy, desk organizers, and a fan since my dorm has NO AIR CONDITIONING (my own fault, by the way, as I could have chosen an all-girls dorm WITH air conditioning).
But like I said, college DOES scare me too. Right now I'm excited about all of the new things I'm getting, but I know as my move-in day (August 26th) draws nearer, I will probably get really nervous. I'm sure crying will be a companion for this nervousness, but I will hop over that toadstool when I come to it. Anyway, maybe I should get to bed now that I've bored you with my back-t0-school supplies.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Back to school supplies are NEVER boring. And you have some cool gear. Maybe you could take a picture for us with the fancy-schmancy digital camera you're buying. :)
No worries about being anxious. That's normal. The week before I moved in, I cried myself to sleep almost every night because I was afraid to leave my family. awwwww.
Who could blame ya Schnookie....we're a great bunch of kids! LOL Lindsey college shopping can be sooo much fun. However, my school shopping hasn't begun. This whole work and school thing really limits when I can shop. That's okay though.
Oh and Lindsey, even air conditioning isn't worth it if you are stuck in an all-girls dorm, but hey that's just me. We know how much I love the boys!
College is a lot of fun. Part of the reason why I never left it and decided to work there. Call me Van Wilder.
Post a Comment