Monday, August 07, 2006

Steadily climbing to the top of the hill ...

I turn 26 this week. I have one more year before I'm officially in my late 20s and just a hop, a skip, and a jump away from 30.

Twenty-five has been a landmark year for me. Maybe it's because I graduated from college earlier than most of my friends, but I spent my early 20s feeling like an overgrown kid who just happened to be doing grown-up things. I don't know why, but that feeling has gone away in the past year. It's nice.

I want to play hooky on the afternoon of my birthday. I have vacation days to use, so why do I feel guilty about that?

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Dude you should totally take a vaca on your b-day! LOL that rhymes if you say it right. Thanks to mom and her high standards on work, today I didn't even take a day off of work...and I was sick! I probably shouldn't have been there with my coughing, sniffling, and sweating issues, but since the clinic was really slow I guess I didn't contaminate too many people right?

Andy said...

You people are too dedicated. You have EARNED vacation and EARNED sick time. It's not like you are cheating the system -- its part of the deal that they give you a day off a month for vacation and sick.

THen again, this is coming from the guy who has taken two sick days in two years.

Ashley said...

Yeah, Mom was a little TOO good at drilling the workhorse mentality into our heads. I mean, I appreciate it and all, but you know you care too much when even your boss is telling you to get out of the office for a few days. That actually happened to me last summer. ;)