Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Musings

Grad school is a sham. Honestly, I'm sitting in on a basic lecture learning very little new material. Basically, it is 15 weeks of "jump through my hoops" and don't care what you learn because faculty at this level are more concerned with writing textbooks and doing ressearch. One year left until freedom.

I've made a decision. You know that set of friends Ashley and I always bitch about for ditching us, or putting us second. Well, I've decided this last weekend that this was the last straw and I'm going to try to talk to the guy about it this weekend while we're out with the guys. From the end of Ash & I, we consider the friendship pretty dead, so if I piss him off or offend him, nothing lost. But if I bring something up, maybe they will realize that they need to work to get our friendship back. At this point, there is nothing to lose and maybe a little something to gain back.

Japanese markets tanked over the weekend. Not sure what the emerging markets are going to do. Looks like real estate has officially gone bust. I have a few days off this week for vacation (I have banked too many hours and I lose them if I don't take them) so I'm going to research some nice index funds and probably an additional mutual fund to diversify our portfolio a bit....maybe go large cap?

I have decided I'm going to re-dedicate myself to my fitness routine. This summer, I was kick ass and only 5 lbs away from my target weight. Then I got lazy as school started again. Good news and bad news, at least with strength, not working out for three months, I have only lost about 20% of where I was at with weight and reps, and I've already got 10% of that back in a week.

Peace out players.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Sorry to hear your school career has gone bust...along with some of your friendships. There's nothing more sad than losing a friend.

I think that since it's Halloween I will reward myself to an extra chocolate treat and perhaps a scary movie with friends. It's not as much fun when you know you'll be studying later on, but Halloween must be celebrated!

Paul Anderson said...

Buy a total gym, Chuck Norris approves of it after all.