I think Andy summarized it nicely: Come on, you leggy beeyotch, let the little one win something!
For the record, we have nothing against Nastia Liukin. But c'mon, Shawn is our little Midwestern girl. (Nastia's home state of Texas is not part of the Midwest, IMHO.) Shawn's from IOWA; that practically makes us kin! Did you know that the Iowa State Fair is featuring a butter sculpture of S.J.? I realize butter sculptures are standard Fair fare, but the Nebraska State Fair sucks, so I must give Iowa credit for state fair excellence.
Wisconsinites, are your heads about to explode? I think you guys hate Iowa even more than we do.
Nastia is a beautiful gymnast, but I wish she'd wipe that sour look off her face. She doesn't need to be all smiles 24/7 like S.J., but doesn't she realize that pursed lips make her look perpetually pissed off? I predict that even though S.J. finished behind Nastia in the all-around, she'll get more endorsement deals simply because she's more likable.
The Des Moines Register has some excellent articles about Shawn.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeeah. And maybe China will be disqualified due to the age issue, and America will win the gold after all.
Post a Comment