Dude, I was wondering how long it would take before we started talking about gymnastics.
This is the diatribe I wrote on Lindsey's Facebook page this morning:
Nastia got screwed, and so did Alicia Sacramone a few nights ago. The vault after Alicia's was completely jacked. I can't believe that girl got the bronze. There should've been deductions all over the place.
I'm very concerned that gymnastics is going to lose its credibility after this Olympics. It's always been a subjective sport, but an unbelievable amount of shenanigans have occurred this time, usually at the Americans' expense. Other countries are need to start speaking up, too, because it just looks like sour grapes when we complain.
Bela is a crazy old fart, but he is entertaining. Did you see that "Ring the Bela" feature with Bela and Nadia Comeneci? (I totally didn't spell that right.) That was darn funny. She was allowed to bang a gong to shut him up when he got too long-winded. :)
Let's hope that Shawn Johnson fares better tonight. I'd love to see her take home a gold in something. But Nastia has a killer beam routine, so we shall see.
2 comments:
AGREED! i was SO mad!
Dude, I was wondering how long it would take before we started talking about gymnastics.
This is the diatribe I wrote on Lindsey's Facebook page this morning:
Nastia got screwed, and so did Alicia Sacramone a few nights ago. The vault after Alicia's was completely jacked. I can't believe that girl got the bronze. There should've been deductions all over the place.
I'm very concerned that gymnastics is going to lose its credibility after this Olympics. It's always been a subjective sport, but an unbelievable amount of shenanigans have occurred this time, usually at the Americans' expense. Other countries are need to start speaking up, too, because it just looks like sour grapes when we complain.
Bela is a crazy old fart, but he is entertaining. Did you see that "Ring the Bela" feature with Bela and Nadia Comeneci? (I totally didn't spell that right.) That was darn funny. She was allowed to bang a gong to shut him up when he got too long-winded. :)
Let's hope that Shawn Johnson fares better tonight. I'd love to see her take home a gold in something. But Nastia has a killer beam routine, so we shall see.
Post a Comment