Thursday, October 02, 2008

I have found the tool for getting in touch with old friends

Hint: It's not Facebook.

Answer: Change your e-mail address. Within 2 hours of sending everyone a note to update their address books, I got a message from an old friend that I haven't talked to in at least 18 months. We're calling each other on Sunday.

4 comments:

Julie said...

intriguing... it's almost like people had forgotten how fabulous you are. i delete from my address book periodically, so i wouldn't have many random old friends to send to.

Ashley said...

We were very close for quite a few years, so I could never bring myself to delete her address. I'm glad I didn't. I think life got in the way for both of us ... I'm hopeful this will open the lines of communication again.

Paul Anderson said...

I've been meaning to call my old buddy Ashley.

Mary said...

I've been meaning to call my old buddy Paul, but some university-who-will-not-be-named decided to take all the phones out of dorm rooms and SOMEONE's cell phone doesn't get very good reception!