Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Points to Ponder

When asked who the president is, why do all my delirious patients say Barack Obama? They can never remember Bush's name...

Call me crazy, but I like working with the old guys at the VA Hospital. When I was assessing the activities of daily living on one of my patients and asked if he helped with shopping, he said, "Yeah, I need to make sure my wife gets all the goodies." It totally reminded me of Grandpa Meyer and his secret drawer of candy!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Aww that's cute! I've just finished my OB rotation and yesterday I was in the NICU. I really love working with babies. They are the most compliant patients ever!

Ashley said...

LOL. I have such a soft spot for old folks, especially those that remind me of people I know.

Grandpa Washburn is practically a clone of Grandpa Meyer. If those two had ever met, they would've had a ball.